2013-11-08

Working Title, "Basically, Android Expained"

I am an Android developer. I have been one for a few years now. In that time, I've had the pleasure of helping many people with technical questions. I believe one of my specialties is being able to explain complicated concepts in simple, laymans terms.

Over the years, I was bound to give repeat answers eventually. So, in order to keep myself more efficient, I will start adding all of my layman explanations to a wiki, which I will eventually probably turn into some sort of ebook.

The book will be titled, "Basically, Android Explained". I still have a few working ideas for a tagline.

I chose to title the book this way because almost all my explanations start off with "Basically, ...". This single word is very important to my explanations because it signifies that what follows is NOT everything explained. It is just the easiest explanation for a non-developer or a new developer.

I'm not sure of the entire structure that I want to use for my definitions, but one way is to have the first sentence be "Basically, ...", then the following sentence would be a more technical definition, then after that will be the reasons for using it.

For good measure, here's an except:
KeyStore: (also referred to as a Java keystore or keystore file) A security certificate used for authorization. Basically, an app's signature. It proves that the app was made by a certain developer. This is a precautionary security measure that prevents malicious apps from replacing another app."

That was just a quick rough draft, I have a few more ways to explain this concept. Feedback always welcomed.

~ Danial Goodwin ~

Title: Basically, Android Explained
Description: Where advanced technical concepts are abbreviated to quick/light readings.



No comments: