2013-02-22

Procrastination Hack - Limit the Time Between Thinking and Doing

"Limit the time between thinking and doing." - Procrastination hack.

I'm sure I've read about this somewhere else, but I didn't find it with a quick "exact-phrase" search.

The goal is to stop putting so many items on a todo list and just do them as you think of them. One of the benefits is that you actually get stuff done rather than just thinking about it.

If you are actively participating in an activity or task, then you clear your mind of another task by writing it down. Current evolution of humans allows us to truly excel at just one task at a time. When we try to do more than one thing at a time, results are typically less than doing each of them individually.

Since I feel this needs an example.. Off the top of my head: I can juggle whilst riding a bike (multitask). But, if I were to do either of them individually, then it would be done much better.

~ Simply Advanced ~



No comments: