2012-09-03

Holding My Breath

I just randomly decided to time how long I can hold my breath. I was thinking somewhere in the ballpark of one minute. But, at about 1'35" I looked at my watch and I was still holding on. Then, I just decided to stop right on the two minute mark because I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong...

I've always wondered how long I could hold my breath, but I never expected it to be this much. My previous max was maybe something like 1'45" when I was a lot smaller and swimming more often (I pretty much don't swim nowadays unfortunately).

Some things that may have contributed to my current two minute record:

  • Randomly, I hold my breath as long as I can. No reason that I can think of.
  • I slowed my respiratory rate down the minute before timing.
  • And something I read about before but never had the opportunity to test.. Take about four really deep quick breaths right before going for the record.

It works.

~ Simply Advanced ~



No comments: